Monday, April 5, 2010

Forever In Love with Alexander McQueen

I am absolutely obsessed with fashion, especially when it's of the biker-/nerdy-/wild- chic variety. I fell in love with skulls and spikes and studs when I found an old t-shirt my step-father had picked up at the 1992 Sturgis motorcycle rally and reconstructed the XL into something a little girlier and sexier with laces down the sides to let a bit of skin peek through.

Now that I'm (apparently) turning into an adult, I try to keep that biker edge with me, in a classier, more refined kind of way. And England's beloved Alexander McQueen, king of biker-chic, has always been great for helping with that.

I remember my first time seeing a ruffled fuchsia ombre McQueen gown in Vogue and ever since have imagined wearing that to my wedding. (Anyone who knows me will confirm I am the crazy type of girl that would wear something that ridiculous at my wedding. Let's be honest, fuchsia definitely rings truer than white...). McQueen's death in February was completely devastating to those of us that admired his work and considered it art.

Thankfully, after a bit of debate, it was announced that McQueen's business would carry on, even with out the genius who inspired us all at the helm. Below is one of his latest pieces, which I absolutely adore. For someone with a little bit of whimsical aggression, I couldn't ask for more in a bag: a skull and crystal studded knuckle duster to accent fuchsia eel leather. Just what any girl needs to carry her lipstick and protect herself from any offensive potential suitors. Perfection!

Alexander McQueen's knuckle duster box clutch:

Knuckle duster detail:
Available at Net-a-porter.com. Retails for $1550.
Photos from Net-a-porter.com


No comments:

Post a Comment